TOUGH LOVE FOR WRITERS
( Or Twenty Reasons You're Not Getting Published)
with Literary Agent Steve Hutson
So, you want to get published? WAIT! Today’s publishing market is more competitive than it has ever been, and millions of new authors rush in without educating themselves. Learn how to avoid the rookie mistakes:
• You’re not just writing a story; you’re running a business.
• The industry hasn’t changed as much as you think.
• Self-publishing is not the liberating experience that you expect.
• Agents and publishers aren’t as evil as you’ve been told.
• You might be looking for love in all the wrong places.
In this 2-hour discussion, we will examine the workings of the publishing industry. Writing, editing, acquisitions, agents, editors, copyright, platform, contracts, self-publishing, and more. Why do some books succeed, while so many fail? Bring your questions, your thick skin, and your hard-learned lessons.
NOTE: Workshop attendees' will have an opportunity to pitch to Literary Agent Steve Hutson in 10 minute sessions. Please download and print his official query form in advance.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Literary Agent, WordWise Media Services
Copyright © 2010–Present | Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles. (CBW–LA) | All rights reserved.